Friday, June 18, 2010

The Stash Slimdown

After yesterday's post, and taking another good hard look at my stash, I have decided to go on a yarn diet. My studio apartment is far, far too small for this situation to continue on as it has, something must be done and done soon. So here's what I'm going to do: Between today, June 18th, 2010, and June 18th, 2011 I'm going to remedy this situation!

Here's how it's going to work. I'm going to go through my stash this weekend and organize it into the following categories: enough of one single yarn to make a sweater for me or someone else, enough of various yarns in similar weights and colours to make a stripy sweater for me, and all the itty, bitty, leftovers, used to make children's hats and scarves. Since I'll be on a yarn diet there will only be minimal amounts of yarn purchased, mainly to provide ribbing for the stripy sweaters. (I'm putting my yarn budget for each month at no more than $40.) That's right kittens, I'm going on a stash slim-down! Stay tuned and see what happens!

I will post an picture of all finished projects, along with the patterns if they are my own. If not I'll post the source and a link if possible. I'm shooting for at least two large projects, (i.e. sweaters, afghans), a month along with several smaller ones. Tune in tomorrow to see how it's going!

Forgot to add there will also be a pattern diet too! I'll be creating my own patterns, using patterns from books I already own, or from patterns that are available for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment